This is the ninth of our ten-part Sound Series where I talk to writers and artists about their work in relation to sounds they have chosen.
In this episode I talk to Cassandra Barnett and Luke Buda.
Cassandra chose this late-night, early-morning recording:
Luke chose the noise of a lawnmower:
In these podcasts we often talk about a lot of music. I’ve set up a Spotify playlist that captures some of the songs we talk about:
Maybe you’d like to record yourself from another room. Speaking or calling a poem you love.
Set up your recorder in one room and then move yourself to another room and call out your work.
At the end of this series I’m going to make an episode showcasing the responses to these exercises. Maybe you would be willing to share your exercises for this showcase.
The deadline for submitting audio is Thursday 24 September.
There is a list of all the previous exercises here
You can leave your recordings or links to recordings in the comments below.
You can also email me them to me at: email@example.com
If your sound files are big you can share a Google Drive link or use a service like WeTranfer
Or you can listen to it here
Ep 84: Renter Writes – Eamonn Marra and Murdoch Stephens talk to Dr Elinor Chisholm at Unity Books Wellington – Better off Read
- Ep 84: Renter Writes – Eamonn Marra and Murdoch Stephens talk to Dr Elinor Chisholm at Unity Books Wellington
- Ep 83: Brannavan Gnanalingam and Pip Adam talk to Kirsten McDougall at Unity Books Wellington
- Ep 82: Sound Series 10 – Showcase with Sudha Rao
- Ep 81: Sound Series 9 – Cassandra Barnett and Luke Buda
- Ep 80: Sound Series 8 – Anna Smaill and David Long
Made with the support of Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa