This is the fourth of our ten-part Sound Series where I talk to writers and artists about their work in relation to sounds they have chosen.
In this episode I talk to Sinead Overbye and Charlotte Forrester.
Sinead chose the song ‘Give it To Me’ by Motte. A great way to meet this song is through this music video
Charlotte, also chose a song, ‘Seekers Who Are Lovers’ by the Cocteau Twins which you can listen to on Spotify and below
What’s the most beautiful word in the world?
Maybe you’d like to take a minute or two to write down words, word combinations or sentences that you think are beautiful.
Then you might like to record these.
You may like to miss out the step of writing down and try composing beautiful sounds out loud and on the fly.
At the end of this series I’m going to make an episode showcasing the responses to these exercises. Maybe you would be willing to share your exercises for this showcase.
You can leave your recordings or links to recordings in the comments below.
You can also email me them to me at: email@example.com
If your sound files are big you can share a Google Drive link or use a service like WeTranfer
Or you can listen to it here:
Ep 86: Dan Kois talks to Pip Adam about 'Train Dreams' by Denis Johnson – Better off Read
- Ep 86: Dan Kois talks to Pip Adam about 'Train Dreams' by Denis Johnson
- Ep 85: Caitlin Smith talks to Pip Adam about ‘Shoulder Charge’ by Jesca Hoop and ‘Another Goodbye’ by Caitlin Smith
- Ep 84: Renter Writes – Eamonn Marra and Murdoch Stephens talk to Dr Elinor Chisholm at Unity Books Wellington
- Ep 83: Brannavan Gnanalingam and Pip Adam talk to Kirsten McDougall at Unity Books Wellington
- Ep 82: Sound Series 10 – Showcase with Sudha Rao
Made with the support of Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa