This is the sixth of our ten-part Sound Series where I talk to writers and artists about their work in relation to sounds they have chosen.
In this episode I talk to Carl Shuker and Simon Sweetman.
Carl chose this particular version of the song ‘Work’ by Lou Reed and John Cale.
Simon chose the song ‘Whisper’ by Schnell Fenster.
In these podcasts we often talk about a lot of music. I’ve set up a Spotify playlist that captures some of the songs we talk about:
We talk a bit about writing about music in this episode.
So, take a song you like.
Now writer or speak for 3 minutes without using any words from the song – so, no lyrics and not the title.
At the end of this series I’m going to make an episode showcasing the responses to these exercises. Maybe you would be willing to share your exercises for this showcase.
You can leave your recordings or links to recordings in the comments below.
You can also email me them to me at: email@example.com
If your sound files are big you can share a Google Drive link or use a service like WeTranfer
Or you can listen to it here:
Ep 100: Elements 14 – Point. Cassandra Barnett talks to Pip Adam about a Wooden Croaking Frog Percussion Instrument. – Better off Read
- Ep 100: Elements 14 – Point. Cassandra Barnett talks to Pip Adam about a Wooden Croaking Frog Percussion Instrument.
- Ep 99: Elements 13 – Plot. Ash Davida Jane talks to Pip Adam about ‘Kiss of the Sun’ by Mary Ruefle and ‘pool party’ by Ash Davida Jane.
- Ep 98: Elements 12 – Place. Richard Larsen talks to Pip Adam about the first Glass Vaults' album 'Glass'
- Ep 97: Elements 11 – Plot. Doug Dillaman talks to Pip Adam about Formula 1: Drive To Survive S3E9
- Ep 96: Elements 10 – Plot. Laura Vincent talks to Pip Adam about her poems 'ACTIVITIES' and 'Anecdotal happiness'
Made with the support of Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa