I’m extremely excited to announce the Better off Read – Sound Series!
This season of ten podcasts exploring the relationships between sound and literature will be available an episode a week from 28 July.
In the Sound Series I’ll be talking to 18 writers, musicians and other artists about how sound features in their work. These conversation will centre round a sound supplied by each of the guests. So far, these sounds include songs, noise and recordings of some household activities.
And you can be involved.
We’re ending this season with a showcase of work sent to us by people listening in. Each episode will end with an exercise designed to be responded to in sound. You can record your work on your phone and send it to us for our end of series showcase!
I’m very grateful to have received Arts Continuity Grant funding from Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa. This makes it possible for me to pay guests and a sound production mentor. It also means I’m able to pay myself which I’m also very grateful for. Thank you!
Ep 100: Elements 14 – Point. Cassandra Barnett talks to Pip Adam about a Wooden Croaking Frog Percussion Instrument. – Better off Read
- Ep 100: Elements 14 – Point. Cassandra Barnett talks to Pip Adam about a Wooden Croaking Frog Percussion Instrument.
- Ep 99: Elements 13 – Plot. Ash Davida Jane talks to Pip Adam about ‘Kiss of the Sun’ by Mary Ruefle and ‘pool party’ by Ash Davida Jane.
- Ep 98: Elements 12 – Place. Richard Larsen talks to Pip Adam about the first Glass Vaults' album 'Glass'
- Ep 97: Elements 11 – Plot. Doug Dillaman talks to Pip Adam about Formula 1: Drive To Survive S3E9
- Ep 96: Elements 10 – Plot. Laura Vincent talks to Pip Adam about her poems 'ACTIVITIES' and 'Anecdotal happiness'
With the support of Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa